Monday, August 16, 2010

August Update

In case you're wondering, YES, Aim Right still exists!

Since this isn't a personal blog, it's hard to know what to write about since August is a month of no "formal" Aim Right programs. It's the month when we catch our breath and prepare to launch fall programs. On a personal level, though, I do always enjoy the pace of August, especially the free evenings, as it allows me to take one or two teens (or a carload or vanload) to visit other churches or ministries during that time. It's a refreshing learning experience for me, as I observe how others teach and lead, plus the youth are being spiritually fed and exposed to a larger Christian community.

As August rolls on, I believe this respite thing is working. Another leader and I had a planning meeting for Kids Klub today, and we both agreed that we are ready to launch--excited to connect with all of "our" kids once more and see what God has in store for this next season!

No comments: