Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Meet the Interns: Alexa



Q and A with Alexa Overholt

Countries you've visited: Mexico, Costa Rica, Canada
Number of siblings: One
Birthplace: Canton, OH
One thing you like about your home church: The welcoming, friendly people
Why you decided to become an intern: To experience what it's like to be away from home and be pushed out of my comfort zone. Also to try something new.
Team sports you've played: Volleyball, soccer, cheerleading, basketball, track
Favorite ice cream flavor: Handel's Butter Pecan
Hobbies and Interests: Playing flute, piano, djembe; biking; anything outdoors; being artistic / pinterest; dancing
Pet peeve: Bad drivers
Person you admire: My mom. She has been a stay-at-home mom my whole life and has taught me so much. I am very grateful for how much time she has put into raising my brother and I, and I love her servant attitude.
If money wasn't an issue, you'd be driving: 2013 Blue Toyota FJ Cruiser
You'd be excited to receive a gift card to: Hobby Lobby or Michael's
Something you miss about home: Being with family and friends
Favorite book in the Bible: Proverbs
School subject you liked the least: History
Today's children and youth are searching for: Something to fill their void. They just want to feel loved and accepted.
Motivation to serve Christ with your life: How much He did for me and always loving me unconditionally
Book reader or movie watcher: Both
Toppings on your pizza: Cheese, pepperoni, sausage
Languages you speak: English, a little bit of Spanish
Favorite season: Summer
Your breakfast this morning: Egg, toast, fried potatoes, orange juice, tea, energy bar
Famous athlete you'd like to meet: Anderson Varejao
What you'd tell someone who is considering being an intern: Make sure you are prepared to stay busy!
Best place you've eaten in Phoenix so far: In-n-Out

No comments: