Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Letters

Aim Right doesn't get a lot of letters that accompany donations.  However, there were two that came recently that I believe I can share in an anonymous enough way that is appropriate for a blog. 

Letter One (more like a note, really):

I am late to an auction donation.  Sorry.  I was fighting with God.  But this is not really mine.  It's yours.

Letter Two:

It was with regret that I was unable to attend your recent auction due to a commitment made in December.  The first time I attended your auction was February 7, 1998.  Back then, this event was in the church and how excited I was to win the bid on a white wicker rocker which I still use.

Seems through these many years, I haven't missed many times.  It is a neat time to now sit under the tent -- arriving early and staying till the end.  Have acquired several quilts, miscellaneous items, and silent auction treasures besides cheese and bologna.  My hope is that this year's event was a success.

Then I also read this "letter" from Mark this week:

"And He sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box.  Many rich people put in large sums.  And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny.  And He called His disciples to Him and said to them, 'Truly I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box.' "

No comments: