Monday, December 12, 2016

Children's Museum Outing with Carle

Hello! For those of you that don’t know me, my name is Carle Troyer, and as Amy mentioned in an earlier post, I just got here in November. Life here is very fast-paced, but thankfully I have adjusted well to being here. I know that this is exactly where He wants me!

One of my favorite things to do since being here has been the times that I have been able to do things with some of the kids outside of our normal programs. I was able to take Stefanie, Aleah, and Sienna all to the Children’s Museum one day. Since they had all three been there before, they were showing me all their favorite things to do. The museum has lots of fun things for kids to do. Most of the things we did were hands-on things.

 
This was at the top of the playground thing that had a boat and tub attached to it.
Everything was overhanging so they could look out and see everyone below.

Half-way through our time there we decided to get lunch at McDonald’s. Sienna asked me, “Do you know that we’re all sisters?” Me: “O, yeah, how come?” Sienna: “Because of Jesus we're all sisters.” It melted my heart. I think sometimes I forget how much these kids really do understand and retain what they are taught. I am thankful for these three girls and letting me get to know them more. It was so much fun spending time with them. It was a great day!
 
 
 
  Pretending to plant and water flowers

No comments: