Saturday, December 29, 2018

Meet the REACH Team!

Connor (top left), Reylyn (top right), Katie (mid left), Karlee (mid right),
Briana (bottom left), & Kelly (bottom right).
We are stocked to have this Reach Team here with us until the end of May so we went ahead and asked them some interesting questions for you to get to know them a bit better.

Hey Reach Team! Please do explain what is a Reach Team and it's purpose for those of us reading this article who are new to the name?

REACH is a 9 month Discipleship training program for young adults. Participants are divided into teams and sent off across the world to various locations doing various things. But the goal for each team is to spread the Gospel wherever we go, both in words and actions.

Can you please introduce each team member and where they are from? 


Briana Byler from Middlebury, IN (co-team leader)
Kelly Kauffman from Arthur, IL (co-team leader)
Karlee Lehman from Kalona, IA
Katie Byler from Middleburg, PA
Connor Oren from Spencerville, IN
Reylyn Yoder from Middlebury, IN

Can you all explain why you wanted to join REACH?


Katie - I knew I wanted to do some kind of missions after High School, and I knew people who had gone through REACH and thought God was pointing me that direction.
Karlee- One God thing led to another God thing and I ended up in the program. I want to do something in missions but I’m not sure of what, so I am hoping that REACH will help shape that.
Reylyn- I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do, but I knew I wanted to do something in missions and with kids, so REACH is a way to test the waters and see if that leads to anything.
Connor- I didn’t know where I should go next after High School, and I felt like God was calling me to this.
Briana- This is my 2nd time on a REACH team, as I am back as a team leader. The 1st time I joined because I want to do long term missions and I thought that this would be a stepping stone towards that goal. I was asked back as a team leader and it felt like what God wanted me to do.
Kelly- I was asked back to co-lead the Phoenix team, and it felt like what I was supposed to do.

Tell us something about each of you that not all people would know?


Katie- I have a large obsession with mugs.
Karlee- I like Salami, Mayo, Jelly and Cheese sandwiches.
Reylyn- I like psychology.
Connor- I am a pranking mastermind.
Briana- I am able to peel and eat a banana with my feet.
Kelly- I have been bathed by an elephant.

It seems to us that you have very interesting lives. Can you tell us your favorite movie and hobby?

Katie- My favorite movie is Anne of Green Gables. Favorite hobbies are reading and writing.
Karlee- My favorite movie is the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Favorite hobby is hiking/being outside.
Reylyn- My favorite movie is the Harry Potter series. Favorite hobby is playing football.
Connor- My favorite movie is The Naked Gun. My favorite hobby is playing soccer.
Briana- My favorite movie is Penelope. My favorite hobbies are reading and doing crafts.
Kelly- My favorite movie is The Dark Knight Series. My favorite hobby is petting cats.

Wow! How excited are WEEE! You guys have explained your ways right into our hearts. Welcome to the Aim Right Fam!! 





No comments: