Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Celebrating Easter

Someone recently asked me if I celebrate Easter. I said "Yes," but before I could expand on that statement, there was an interruption, and the conversation never resumed. That question has been swirling around in my head, though, and as I've thought about celebrating Easter, I'm reminded that we as a culture (and perhaps as a faith community) rarely direct the same amount of energy into the celebration of the risen Christ as we do the newborn Christ.

I suppose those ponderings have been behind a determination this year to celebrate Easter especially as it relates to our children's programs. Yesterday evening at tutoring, students learned about the tradition of Easter eggs -- a symbol of new life and Jesus breaking through the empty tomb. Then, we dyed and decorated eggs.


Mr. Miller brought eggs with goodies inside.

Tonight is another celebration of Easter....off I go to gather some children!

No comments: