Friday, May 3, 2013

A Poem about Two Little Friends

A place to color, a place to play
Was the art wall at Kids Klub one day,
Until someone wrote "Andrea is gay."

"Please tell Andrea I'm sorry," the little girl said.
To which I replied, "Why don't you tell her instead?"
"But I'm scared to," she uttered with dread.

"I'll go with you then, but let's first make this right,"
So we colored over the words, dark over light,
And even came up with a nicer message to write.

Andrea was standing with jump rope held close,
"I'm sorry," her friend said, "for what I wrote,"
As she swallowed a great big lump in her throat.

Andrea just stood there, but she seemed to agree,
That friends they'd remain and still would be,
Little and happy and mostly carefree.

"Wanna jump rope with me?" she said with a smile,
So off they went and jumped for a while,
Apology given and accepted in child-like style.


"And said, Truly I say to you, unless you repent (change, turn about) and become like little children [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving], you can never enter the kingdom of heaven [at all].  Whoever will humble himself therefore and become like this little child [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving] is greatest in the kingdom of heaven."  Matthew 18:3-4 Amplified Version

No comments: