Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gettin' the Word out!

It was his second request.

Last week, one of the boys in my Kids Klub class asked for a Bible. I said we would get him one, but in the hecticness of the moment, I completely forgot. This week, he asked once more, "Can I have a Bible?"

I again said, "Yes, I will get you a Bible," while making plans to run down to the storage closet immediately after class to get a box of Bibles.

With a serious expression, he then asked: "Is it the Holy Bible?"

I assured him that yes, his copy would be the Holy Bible!

By the end of the evening, quite a few other Bible requests had been made, and we distributed nearly a whole box of New Testaments on the bus ride home.

"My Word that goes out from My mouth...will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." - GOD (Isaiah 55:11)

No comments: