Friday, December 18, 2015

Christmas Cookie Party

Post by our intern Aleisha:
 
Christmas is my favorite time of the year! I love the lights, hot chocolate, spending time with family and friends, and the Christmas cheer.
 
 
These last two weeks have been full of Christmas plays, cookie decorating parties, and just parties!!  Parties are so fun, and I've enjoyed all of them, but my favorite was the time I got together with some teen girls and we had a cookie decorating/pretzel chocolate dipping party.


They helped melt the chocolate for the pretzels, and they mixed the food coloring with the frosting for the cookies (I didn't know that you could make so many different colors and shades till after that night). :) There was lots of laughing and finger licking! We had a lot of fun hanging out, and it was a great night to build relationships with these girls. They had so much fun that they want to have a girls night once a month. So I'm pretty excited about that!


One thing that stuck out to me that night was when I asked the girls what they like about Christmas. Most of them said the parties, presents, and the food. But one of the girls said she doesn't get presents for Christmas. And I felt sad for her! But then she said something that hit me, "...but I have my family and Jesus and that's all I need." Wow! Sometimes we often forget what Christmas is really about when we get all caught up with the busyness of it.
      
Between all the parties and the presents don't forget about the greatest gift of all, Jesus!   
 
Merry Christmas!
 
- Aleisha Boley

No comments: